Friday, May 28, 2021

And They Called It Puppy Love

 Well, it had to happen eventually, sooner or later the Gods would intervene and I would be allowed to once again broadcast my show. Years ago I disappeared from the airwaves due to situations beyond my control. in the ensuing time my mentor, Joe, has worked feverishly to patch things together once again. Now, without further interruptions, Harmonica Joe's Back Porch is being re-launched at 7PM EST Sundays & Tuesdays. The format will be the same, that is, Blues sprinkled with a healthy dose of "Roots", "Country" (Alt, Bakersfield, Honkey Tonk), and classic Rock.



DreamStreamRadio.com is the place to tune in for this smorgasbord of good music and a cheesy, so-so radio host.

When I first heard the Blues it certainly was puppy love. I had acquired a harmonica earlier that summer from a dude I met during a road trip from Jersey up towards Montreal. He showed me a few tricks and presented me with a Hohner Marine Band, key of D. I didn't know much about the Blues except the tunes that came out of British rock bands, who revered the format. 

My puppy love blossomed into a full-blown lust festival. The first time I heard a Muddy Waters album and heard the amazing sound of Paul Butterfield on harmonica, well, there was no going back. You'll hear that love on my show twice a week. If you have a moment, tune in, I would certainly appreciate it!

Please note that currently, as of April 1, I am on a short sabbatical, mostly searching for edible cannabis and Devil's Cut Bourbon. You see I need these things in order to operate smoothly and in a coherent manner. Things are coming together soon. Check my shows' FaceBook page "Harmy's Back Porch", adios til then.



1 comment: