Saturday, May 29, 2021

The Age of Grub Hub

This used to be a quiet neighborhood, with lots of kids having fun, block parties. yards kept neat and clean, you know, pride. That notion has gone the way of covered wagons and Howard Johnson's restaurants. As folks have retired and moved away and other friends have left this mortal coil, they have been replaced by a new breed of neighbor, the ones that don't give a rat's shit about anything, especially the upkeep of their property. I am now surrounded by 3 houses, all rental properties which are run by no account slum lords. Roofs covered with moss, yards filled with weeds have become a stomping ground for all sorts of chipmunks, possums, and raccoons. I sit on my patio with a bottle of "Devils Cut" Jim Beam and a war surplus flame thrower and try my valiant best to keep them at bay. It's a losing battle. 


The purpose of this rant was I just noticed yet another Grub Hub delivery to my neighbor across the street. They get all their meals this way and it's hard to imagine who the hell is living there, it's either a pack of deranged meth heads or the last remaining visage of Marjorie Taylor-Greene's "America First" build the wall fan club. Either way, no one inside can be more than a portly pile of hardened arteries swimming in a sea of styrofoam take-out containers. I'll keep an eye out and let you know.





2 comments:

  1. NOW I see what you meant! Can you imagine diving into one those putrid balls of puss? Roach Coach fair par excellence

    ReplyDelete